Your feet are the foundation of your body, and they are subject to tremendous stress in supporting your body while you stand, walk, run, ski, snowboard, or skate. If you are exploring whether orthotics are for you, we will help you find the correct Nanaimo orthotics for your needs. It is important to understand that dysfunction in your feet can lead to problems up to your ankle, knees, hips, back, and even neck!
An Orthotic is a device worn inside your shoe that many of our clients say helps the muscles, tendons and bones of their feet and lower legs to function at their highest potential. When appropriately prescribed to treat a medical condition, custom-made Orthotics can decrease pain, not only in your feet, but in other parts of the body, such as your knees, hips and lower back.
At Atlas Chiropractic & Body Balance in Nanaimo, custom Orthotics are manufactured from a 3-D image of your foot using raw materials. Our practitioners will carry out a full biomechanical examination of your feet and related lower extremity, including gait patterns, and measurements.
If you are shopping around for Orthotics in Nanaimo you should be aware that true custom Orthotic devices cannot be produced by simply walking on a mat system or using ink impressions for size and shape. Be aware of what you are using and paying for. All wearing instructions will be provided to you by your Orthotics clinician at our Nanaimo office. Typical instructions are to wear your Orthotics for an hour or so on the first day to adjust to the new alignment, and increase wear by an hour each day for the first week until you are able to wear them comfortably all day. If you experience any areas of concern or discomfort, Atlas Chiropractic and Body Balance is here to help. Just contact us for a review of your case.
At Atlas Chiropractic in Nanaimo, Orthotics are offered in several different types, many of which can be transferred and fit into multiple shoes.
Custom Foot Orthotics from Atlas Chiropractic can:
- Reduce foot fatigue and pain
- Correct foot mechanics, body posture, and alignment
- Decrease the stress on joints in the feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back
- Provide additional shock absorption
- Improve balance and strength
- Re-establish weight distribution
Nanaimo Custom Foot Orthotics from Atlas Chiropractic and Body Balance can help with:
- Flat feet (pes planus) and excessive pronation
- Excessively arched feet and supination
- Foot Conditions (Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, heel spurs, bunions, metatarsalgia)
- Lower Back and Pelvic Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee problems (Patellar Femoral Syndrome, Arthritis, Ligament Sprains, joint pains)
- Shin Splints
- Ankle sprains
What is the process in getting orthotics in Nanaimo?
A doctor at our office will:
- perform a detailed analysis of your complaint
- conduct physical examination of your area of complaint
- analyze your walking pattern, known as your “gait cycle”
We then obtain a custom mold/scan of your foot at our office in Nanaimo and send it to a manufacturing plant to have the orthotic created. The manufacturing process takes about 14 days to complete, and you will come back to our Nanaimo orthotics clinic to have them fitted into your footwear.
Do I need to get a doctor’s prescription to get a pair?
This depends on your insurance carrier, some carriers allow Chiropractors to prescribe orthotics while others require a physician’s referral. Please check with your insurance carrier.